Monday, October 5, 2015

Piecewise Applications

Piecewise functions can be used in many different ways in the real world. One that I find most interesting is seeing how much you're going to pay for a rental car. In the video, it shows how to use a piecewise function to see how much you're going to pay at the 100 mile mark. In the example, you pay 20c per mine once you hit 100 miles but from 0 - 99 miles you had to play 25c at the starting price of $30. I found this very interesting because you can use it to find anything related to renting things and it just seems very useful. I would use it if I had a certain amount of money and i needed to know what car I had to rent to make sure I had some money left over. It just seemed the most useful out of the few videos that it was shown in and I would even use it myself if I got the chance to.

No comments:

Post a Comment