Monday, January 25, 2016

I Can't Do Math Syndrome

If you check the math in the add about the sunglasses, the percentage comes out to be 88% and not 85%. I think these things happen for a few different reasons. I think these mistakes happen in adds and such not because the people who made the add are stupid, its because they're trying to cell an item. I think that they put the percentage as 85% because that looks better than 88% even thought its a bigger number. I also think that when people see a 5 at the end of a price or a percentage, they tend to round up to the bigger number so they think that 85% is a better deal than 88%. Other than marketing, people do not have an excuse to do math poorly. Math is one of the most logical things a human being can ever do because there is usually only one way to find the answer you want. I think what happens is that people get lazy when they do math so they just give up through the problem even when they know its wrong. They don't try hard enough to figure out what the answer really is so they just kind of leave it be.

No comments:

Post a Comment